Translate

Friday, January 27, 2017

PRESIDENT TRUMP CHOOSES SINATRA’S NARCISSISTIC ANTHEM "MY WAY" FOR FIRST DANCE NUMBER

PRESIDENT TRUMP CHOOSES SINATRA’S NARCISSISTIC ANTHEM "MY WAY" 
FOR FIRST DANCE NUMBER  

(Friday Church News Notes, January 27, 2017, www.wayoflife.org, fbns@wayoflife.org, 866-295-4143) - 

For the first dance number of his inaugural balls, President Donald Trump choose the narcissistic anthem “My Way,” which was a Frank Sinatra mega-hit in 1969. It describes a man who thinks he can thumb his nose at God’s holy laws, do it his way, and things will turn out fine.
Friday Church News
“My Way” is one of the most influential pop songs of all time. It holds the record for the most time spent in the UK Top 40 singles chart (75 weeks). It’s the song most frequently played at British funerals. The song is based generally on the tune of a French pop song, Comme d’habitude (As Usual), and the words were written by Paul Anka, who asked himself, “If Frank were writing this, what would he say? ... I noticed that everything was ‘my this’ and ‘my that.’ We were in the ‘me generation’ and Frank became the guy for me to use to say that. I used words I would never use: ‘I ate it up and spit it out.’ But that’s the way he talked” (“Paul Anka: One Song,” The Daily Telegraph, Nov. 8, 2016). The song has caused so many acts of violence and homicide in karaoke bars in the Philippines that they are referred to as “My Way Killings.” When Bono (lead singer for U2) delivered the Legend Award to Sinatra at the 1994 Grammys, he called him “the chairman of the bad attitude.” The last stanza of “My Way” says, “For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels. The record shows I took the blows and did it my way. Yes, it was my way.” Probably in a vain attempt to cover all his bases, the irreligious Sinatra died in the arms of Rome. In his acceptance speech on January 20, President Trump called his fellow Americans who want good schools, safe neighborhoods, and good jobs “righteous people and a righteous public.” He said, “We are protected and we will always be protected. We will be protected by the great men and women of our military and law enforcement. And most importantly, we will be protected by God.” That statement is the sin of presumption. It has no support from Scripture. America is most definitely not a righteous nation. It is a desperately sinful nation, though it has had more Bible light than any nation on earth other than Israel. “Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people” (Proverbs 14:34).